NSC 3270 - Computational Neuroscience
Here are some slides giving an introductory overview to the Matlab programming environment.
- Intro to Matlab slides: PDF
Web videos teaching the basics on how to create a receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve for recognition memory data.
PSY 3775 - Human Memory
The first in a series of web videos drawn from my class: PSY 3775, Human Memory.
- Attribute Theory I
- A short overview of a basic idea from Attribute Theory for a class I teach on Human Memory at Vanderbilt University (PSY 3775). For much more detail, see Michael Kahana's textbook Foundations of Human Memory, from Oxford University Press. Using vectors and basic ideas from linear algebra to understand how memories are formed and manipulated by our mind.
- Errata! Two notes of clarification for my students:
- At some point I say "2 minus 6 is 4" but of course I mean -4, luckily since we square the -4 it turns out the same either way.
- At the end I say that m3 is equal to 5, but of course, I mean that the length, or norm, of m3 is equal to 5. It seems easier to add this note than to retake the whole video!